How to automatically connect a PPPoE connection on login. Even if you selected Connect automatically when you dialed your PPPoE connection, next time when you login it will not connect automatically; a Dial-up window will appear but you still have to manually click Connect to dial the connection.
This method does not require additional programs and you don’t have to create shortcuts in Startup folder.
Follow these steps:
Deactivate the prompt…
path: Start / Control Panel / Network and Internet / Network and sharing center / Change adapter settings (left top)/ right click the PPPoE connection (RDS) / Properties / Options tab:
- Uncheck Prompt for name and password, certificate, etc.., click OK (see image below).
- Check to see that you PPPoE connection is the default one: right click on your connection (RDS), Set as default. A green check will appear on the default connection.
- Optional: uncheck Display progress while connecting (fewer windows will flash on the screen when the connection is dialed).
Make Windows 7 automatically dial you PPPoE connection
path: Start / Control Panel / Network and Internet / Internet Options / Connections tab
- Select your PPPoE connection (see image below).
- Select Dial whenever a network connection is not present. Option Always dial my default connection does not work. It seems win 7 forgets which is the default connection.
- Click Set default if button is active. The default connection should be displayed next to the field Current.
- Click OK.
To test that your connection is automatically dialed you do not need to restart your pc. Just Log off, Log in. The connection should be dialed automatically.
Let me know if it worked for you!